Wednesday 24 October 2012

Striking Mum Needs to Take a Good Look at Herself

Mother of 3, Jessica Stillwell, goes on "strike" and proves nothing except that kids don't like cleaning up, and too many adults today are attention whores.

Jessica, from Calgary, Alberta, is the mother of a 12 year old girl and 10 year old twin girls. Jessica went on "strike" - you know cause that must the new parenting trend. She then blogged about her adventures because, you know, the whole world cares. Apparently the blog was pretty popular. Well, whaddaya know.

The problem I have with parents like Stillwell is that they fail to teach their children basic cleaning habits and respect for property and possessions. Not fair you say? You can't judge her as a mother.

No? Really? I can't? I've seen the photos of her kitchen, that she took midway through the strike. Remember, her children are 10 and 12. Maybe If they had have been taught, when they were 5 or 6, to not be pigs, then they would be able to do a basic chore like clean a cereal bowl.

Instead of blogging about how hard it is being a mother (it's a blessing, not a job, you selfish woman) she should have been whipping them into shape and teaching them respect. You can't blame your kids for the fact that they can't clean their own breakfast dishes by the time they're in grade 6. That's your fault, Jessica. Parents like that need to put down the Benjamin Spock Guide to Parenting Bullshit, get off the computer, and teach manners.

And yes, I'm a parent. And I try to get my daughter into the habit of cleaning up after herself. She's 4 in December. She empties her toybox? She cleans it. When she turns 12, if she is anything like Jessica Stillwell's children, I will write a blog... about how much of a terrible parent I've been. But that won't happen. Because I raise by the listen and opposite method. I listen to what liberal progressive whackos like the new age "experts" say, and I do the opposite. I have never read a parenting book, neither has my girlfriend.

All kids need is love and rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment